Something for Everyone We offer music lessons for many instruments at one location and teach students from age 2 to adult.
The Best Birmingham School of Music is the largest, most qualified private music school in Birmingham. It is our goal to be the best private music school in Alabama.
Located in Vestavia in the heart of Birmingham Our school is located just 1/2 mile north of I-65 on Highway 31 in Vestavia, easily accessible to any of the surrounding Birmingham suburbs.
Quality Instructors All of our teachers are University trained with professional performance experience. Our music teachers are dedicated to learning about your personal musical goals and helping you to achieve them.
Welcome to Birmingham School of Music
Birmingham School of Music is the largest, most qualified private music school in Birmingham. It is our goal to be the best private music school in Alabama.
While researching the best school for you, please consider the benefits of becoming a student at BSM and find out why we are Birmingham’s number one choice for music lessons.
11 Benefits of becoming a student of Birmingham School of Music:
1. We offer music lessons for many instruments at one location and teach students from age 2 to adult. This saves our students time and money. One family can take multiple instruments on the same day. We are the only music school that offers lessons for the most popular instruments all under one roof.
2. The largest and most qualified teaching faculty in Birmingham. All of our teachers are University trained with professional performance experience. Our music teachers are dedicated to learning about your personal musical goals and helping you to achieve them. With multiple teachers for every instrument, we are confident that we have the right teacher to meet your music lesson needs. In addition to their teaching credentials, our teachers have warm personalities, are extremely friendly and dedicated to teaching you the style of music that you want to learn.
3. Unlimited Make-Up Lessons Any time you miss your regularly scheduled lesson for ANY reason, you may participate in our Saturday Make-Up classes. Make-Up classes can be scheduled in advanced, or at a later time to fit your schedule needs.
4. The widest range of music lesson times available seven days a week. 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Saturdays 1:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. on Sundays
5. A comfortable waiting area for parents. Our clients enjoy a spacious, professional waiting area with comfortable chairs, Wi-Fi, magazines and bottled water service. We also provide large observation windows on every door so that you can watch your child's lesson while you wait.
6. Fully stocked lesson room. Our rooms are stocked with everything you need for music lessons, including amps, stereos, professional sized drum kits, keyboards, pianos and more. Our large ensemble rooms include full P.A. equipment with multiple headphones for play-a-long and ensemble rehearsals. We have spent thousands of dollars on our studio to offer soundproofing and observation windows.
7. Free monthly Student Concert Nights (recitals) Our students are encouraged to participate in the voluntary Student Concert Nights that take place at a local music club. This gives our student the performance aspect of their music education while performing in a professional music venue, under the stage lights and in front of an audience.
8. Professional office staff to serve you 6 days a week. Our office managers are available at the front desk during our teaching hours so our customers can be served whenever they need.
9. Located in Vestavia in the heart of Birmingham. Our school is located just 1/2 mile north of I-65 on Highway 31 in Vestavia. This makes it easily accessible to any of the surrounding Birmingham suburbs.
10. Month to month lessons. No long term contracts are required. All students are on a month to month agreement. We rely on our teachers providing a fun, quality learning experience that keeps you coming back. Rather than demanding it with a long term contract.
11. Performance ensemble for a complete learning experience. Our Rock Ensemble, Acoustic Guitar Ensemble, Vocal Ensemble, String Ensemble and Musical Theater classes give our student an opportunity to apply what they learn from their private lessons to a performing ensemble experience. These groups perform quarterly concerts and participate in performances throughout our community.